Sunday, August 2, 2015

How many times in your life do you get the chance to just sit down and write, write whatever you want to because you want to? I was thinking that I better start practicing if I want to get better at writing. I also have to turn in three samples of my writing for my application to my program...better get on it.

Today was interesting I knew I had to teach a lesson today in Elder's Quorum. So I woke up and got ready. I then got a bunch of resources and didn't use all of them, but at least they were there, right? One of them was President Hinckley's book Way to Be. The inscription on the inside says,
"Coben Hoch '2003' 
Christmas
I love you read & learn
Gma Hoch"

The front cover states, "9 ways to be happy and make something of your life."

The wisdom shared in this book by President Hinckley could be used to help the youth of our world. He recounted his experience of learning how to work on a fruit farm. He learned about working for a harvest that wouldn't come for a few months.

You learn to play sports by practicing, you learn to play instruments by practicing, you learn to run by getting out there and doing it, you learn to work by working.

I'm glad to have my job. Really if you ask me how I got it I'll tell you that it kind of fell in my lap. I had a resident assistant as a freshman, who contacted me a few years after I moved out of that housing. He worked for a company that needed to hire some people. I went in and they asked if I thought I could do the job. I started working there not long after and it has been great. I didn't really know much about computers and I especially didn't know how to use html or css. I have been able to learn how to use the system that we set up for people and I have been able to learn how to use html and inline css to set up pdf pages. A lot of what I have learned about html and inline css has come from the internet, people at my work and practice.

Moral of the story..... I'm practicing my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment